Thursday, August 11, 2011

See?! This is What I'm Talking About!

Posted by Tyrone L. Heppard

One of the things that the Protest for Democracy advocates is investing in America's future and putting an end to the rhetoric that says the first great democracy in the world can't afford to put its people to work or build a better, more secure future for its citizens. In addition, it's apparent that our national debt situation has a huge role to play in this and that politicians are to blame.

Now, I've been paying attention to this whole debt crisis fiasco and Nation; I assure you that there is PLENTY of blame to go around. I'm not going to sit here and call people names (cite Congressman Allen West). And I'm not going to tell you that we should all listen to the liberals because as of right now, I don't think that even they know what to do (cite Sen. Harry Reid's debt ceiling 'compromise'). Instead, what I'm going to reference is something that I heard on T.V. that grinded my gears a 'lil bit. Allow me to elaborate.

On Wednesday, the stock market plummeted...again. Weak, right?! I'm no economist, and I figure now is no time to pretend that I am when both you and I have enough to worry about. But I think I can speak for everyone when I say that whenever the national and global economy are in a panic, that's gotta be bad news.

In defense of Congress, America's HORRIBLE handling of the debt situation had nothing to do with the sudden drop in stock (again...). On this particular day, the drop in stock was because of what's going on in Europe. I wish I had a video or something that could show you what exactly I'm reffering to, but I don't. The point is this: the WHOLE WORLD is in trouble! AND contrary to popular belief, the United States of America is in fact a part of the world. Now, everyone who has been consciously living here for the last 10 years or so knows that places like Italy, Greece, and France aren't the only countries that have issues.

So what's the United States' issue? Our huge unemployment rate. Next question.

How do we deal with it? Focusing on our local economies. Man, this is easy! I'm excited! Next question!

Where do local economies get help from if they need assistance? The Federal government! Aww man... I'm on a roll! You know what? Give me another question! I'm ready!

Is there any one holding an office who believes that this will work?! Survey says....

YES!!! Our first Representative is Michele Bachmann from Minnesota who asked for federal aide to help create nearly 1200 jobs for the people in her disctrict in May and September of 2009! Awesome! The gentleman from Alabama, Jeff Sessions, asked the federall gov't for aide in February '09 that would create 750 jobs. He says the same thing: spending will help create jobs in his district. Now that's what I'm talking about! Anyone else?! As a matter of fact, Jerry Moran from Kansas told the Obama administration that federal aide would create 1,320 jobs in his district! He asked for assistance in July of 2009. This is great!!

Of course, I did some research. You know; to make sure that at least some of what heard could be validated* and... well....

REALITY CHECK: President Barack Obama is a democrat. His party represents the executive branch of this country and the U.S. as a whole as far as the world is concerned. Yet -- these guys haven't had the stones to call out the opposition. Meanwhile, all of the people mentioned above are republicans; the opposition! These guys are the same party that says the federal spending they sought two years ago won't work now. In fact, they would argue that it shouldn't even be an option now. Now! When Americans want it and need it the most! I don't know about you, Nation, but to be honest with you, I'm tired. I'm tired of one side telling me they know what's best for me. I'm sick of the other side not doing anything significant at all (and please: feel free to apply those sentiments to either party you wish).

The sad truth is that the American people aren't as out of touch with Washington as Washington is with us. We KNOW we're better than this! Washington D.C., collectively has proven to not only the people they work for (us) but to the world that they are willing to compromise our financial stability for... well... for what? Wealth? Power? Another term? To prove a point? This is our bread and butter, Nation! If they're willing to play games with our livelihoods, then what's next? I don't want to find out.

Are you frustrated? Me too. In my opinion, our frustration is the consequence of Washington’s actions. Our discontent is their problem and our senators and representatives need to deal with it. Immediately. We can all agree that we have "grievances" that we need to "redress", why not put what's ailing us in plain sight of Capitol Hill? Why not drop off our frustrations and objections right where they can see it -- on thier doorstep.

I'll see you in Washington, America....

Stay up!
-Tyrone



* Feel free to contact me personally on Facebook if you have any questions about the inspiration for this posting. Seriously! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment